Friday, May 1, 2009

Naked Raygun Demo 1983


Naked Raygun Demo 1983

Sound quality is 'A'.

Includes the unknown to most cover of Led Zeppelins Communication Breakdown.

Great demo set, the sound quality is even good.

Naked Raygun were always one of my favorite bands, still are. I saw them live many times in the mid to late 80s, always a great show. I have a few more live NR shows to post in the future. For now enjoy these early demos that laid the ground work for Basement Screams and the 2 early post of NR (look to your right find labels and then go to the n's and BOOM ... Naked Raygun).

If you don't listen to them I can't recommend them enough. One of the best punk/post punk/melodic hardcore (whatever you want to label them) bands ever.

Mp3 audio source: mp3 ripped by kabukiboy - he's a very nice man, at least thats what kabukiboy said. Got these years ago from someone I traded with aka .. kabukiboy.

Covers (single image-itunes/winamp) created by me, thanx original photographer.

01 I Lie
02 Potential Rapist
03 Metastasis
04 Surf Combat
05 Libido
06 Gear
07 Communication Breakdown

Sorry looks like blogger took down this file, I don't know why I didn't receive an email on this post. If I find out any info I'll update this post. Look for more LIVE shows by NR coming to this blog soon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qyn2z3mmmzy

6 comments:

convertido said...

Thanks for this one. NR was always one of my faves but I only had the chance to catch them once. They played down in Austin, TX in 1991 with Jawbox and I could not help but make the 3 hour drive to see them. It was well worth the three year wait to see them. I alos nabbed the other NR postings you have and if I can prevail upon you to post more I assure that I will be back for those as well.

icastico said...

You be the judge...

I think those who like NR should like these tracks.

http://penmallet.blogspot.com/search/label/jonny%20cats

Anonymous said...

Link appears to be dead. Can you please re-up?

louissyfer said...

Sorry looks like blogger took it down, I didn't know that these NR demos were under copy write but more importantly I can't imagine anyone in the NR camp not wanting their supporters to get to hear these.

no email about it no nothing, just the zip deleted.

pretty bummed myself.

I do have 3 live shows to post. Ones from a cassette source I have to rip so it might be a while before that one gets done but the other 2 will be up soon

louissyfer said...

actually I have 4 live shows to post by NR but ones on vinyl and it wont be until I move before that gets done

Anonymous said...

fuck bro that sucks, I can;t believe someone at the NR camp cock blocked you like that on these. What a bunch of complete crap.

This sucks.

If the person who took them down sees this, the fans want to hear them let them live ... lions and tigers and demos ... demos ... demos ...