Friday, December 11, 2009

the Fall Live Finsbury Park London July 27th 1986

the Fall Live Finsbury Park London July 27th 1986

Sound quality is 'B'.

Shit they play City Hobgoblins!, that's an 'A' right there based on set list alone.

Pretty good set list for the time period but the over all recording is in the 'B' range, I want to say 'B+' but I think im being influenced by the set list ie City Hobgoblins and the tracks off This Nations Saving Grace album, for some reason Bend Sinister and me never got on too well.

I can't for the life of me remember who I got these from so if you see this give a shout in the comments section so we can all give you proper thanx.

Using the original info from the original poster:

This recording is of The Fall as support (bizarrely) to The Damned at the latter's '10th Anniversary Tea Party' gigs in London's Finsbury Park. Quite how The Fall got picked for as support is a mystery, but I love The Damned and The Fall, so it was a real treat for me, made even sweeter by the fact that New Model Army were also on the bill. Anyway, the recording: this is a very good audience tape. I can't imagine where the taper stood as there's almost no crowd intrusion and all the instruments are clear and well-balanced. The set sees The Fall playing almost all of their then current 'Bend Sinister' album.

Source: Audience
Quality: Very good
Encoding: 192kbps mp3

Mp3 audio source: mp3

Covers (single image-itunes/winamp) created by me, thanx original photographer.

01 Intro
02 Cruisers Creek
03 Hot Aftershave Bop
04 Living Too Late
05 US 80s 90s
06 Terry Waite Sez
07 Riddler
08 Mr Pharmacist
09 City Hobgoblins
10 LA
11 Gross Chapel & GB Grenadiers
12 ROD
13 Bombast

http://www.mediafire.com/?dome4nydnow

2 comments:

Greengerg said...

Thanks so much for posting this...

Longtime Fall fan in New York but for some bizarre reason, this is the only time I ever saw them live, on my sole visit to England.
It was a great set in person too...along with Damned, NMA, and Pete Shelley from Buzzcocks doing a solo set to open the afternoon.

- Greg Fasolino

dee_seejay said...

Thanks a million for this one..I can well understand your overlooking sound quality for a shit-hot set list like this one..cheers!!